Seeking Teen Engagement Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: Mosaic of Westchester, a non-profit initiative in the Jewish community working for the full integration of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) Jews in Westchester Jewish life, seeks a part-time experienced, dynamic individual to fill the role of Teen Engagement Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Teen Engagement Coordinator develops, manages and implements all Mosaic youth programming and engagement opportunities for Jewish LGBTQ and ally teens. The position focuses on engaging Jewish LGBTQ and ally teens in a myriad of ways to include social, recreational, cultural, service, educational, religious, leadership, and supportive opportunities that value who they are and strengthen their Jewish identities. Collaboration with local Jewish organizations, including synagogues, day schools, Jewish youth groups, and other youth focused groups is paramount in helping us meet our vision for LGBTQ integration in the broader Jewish community.
Applicants should have strong leadership experience and excellent organizational skills.
Note that this is a half-time position. Some evenings and weekend required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, manage and implement all aspects of Mosaic’s programming for Westchester Jewish LGBTQ teens in accordance with Mosaic’s mission, vision and goals
- Develop and lead monthly meetings for Jewish LGBTQ and ally teens with a focus on both the Jewish and LGBTQ experience
- Collaborate with Westchester Jewish community youth organizations, and the broader Jewish community (Synagogues, Day schools, and JCC’s) to help accomplish Mosaic’s goals for teen engagement, integration in the broader Jewish community, and teen leadership development
- Lead and coordinate meetings and agendas for the Mosaic Teen Advisory Council comprised of Jewish LGBTQ teens and allies
- Administer and manage grants including tracking program outcomes and provide key data for reporting on activity, quality of work, and impact
- Maintain and oversee budget
- Provide relevant resources and referrals as required
- Represent MOSAIC at any forums, conferences and committees related to teen engagement
- Coordinate and manage social media including contributing content, outreach and publicity materials
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Be engaging, enthusiastic, and passionate about LGBTQ teen engagement work
- Ability to work with the LGBTQ community, parents, clergy, and educators
- Have some experience and understanding of Jewish education, holidays and ritual
- Ability to manage and lead a monthly teen engagement group and teen advisory committee and develop programming within a safe and supportive setting
- Background and experience in community organizing and strong ability to develop and lead creative collaborative opportunities with other organizations, lay leaders, and volunteers
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, and to work independently and as a team-player.
- Ability to keep and report financial records and pertinent program statistics
- As Westchester is a vast County, must have be able to drive and have access to a car
- Passionate commitment to Mosaic’s vision of the full integration of LGBTQ Jews in Westchester Jewish life.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Jewish studies or human services field preferred
We offer a competitive salary. Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Bina Raskin, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org