E-mail your information to Mosaic’s Director, Bina Raskin. Here are some examples of Westchester Jewish institutions that have already done so:
In writing to us about your Jewish institution, here are some of the things you might want to include:
- Our clergy will perform a wedding for a Jewish same-sex couple.
- Weddings/commitment ceremonies for same-sex couples are performed in our synagogue.
- Joyous occasions of same-sex couples/families are celebrated openly and inclusively (i.e. baby naming, aufruf, aliyot for both members of a couple).
- We offer LGBTQ specific programming, events, or services (movie night, a Pride Seder, a support group).
- We have staff, leaders, or board members who are out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer.
- We have students/members/parents who are out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer.
- We have a group to support LGBTQ students or members (such as a Gay-Straight Alliance or Inclusion Committee).
- LGBTQ issues are incorporated into our educational programming/curricula.
- We use LGBTQ-inclusive language on our membership or application materials such as “Parent 1/Parent 2” rather than “Mother/Father.”
- We participate in advocacy for LGBTQ rights (e.g. marriage equality).
- Our anti-bullying training and/or materials address anti-LGBTQ bullying and harassment.
- We have a written non-discrimination policy that includes gender identity and/or expression.